Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sundwall For Congress

Greetings Fellow Independents and Progressives!

I have great news for all of us engaged in the fight against the two-party corporate system and also for those looking for a way to fight it locally!

Most of you are well aware that I a pretty independently-minded person (politically anyway). As such, I have considered the options carefully in this special election in this congressional district (CD 20) and have decided to support Eric Sundwall, who is the Libertarian candidate. Eric will be in Glens Falls next week to meet with us and formally ask for our support. I hope that you will come out and show him that he's got plenty!

I do not mean this support as a disrespect to my Green friends or compatriots. The Green Party's platform is the one I am in closest agreement with and I am still, very much, a Green. However, much like my support for Ralph Nader, I make decisions on who to support based on which non-corporate candidate seems most able to get on the ballot and mobilize a serious race. I believe that Eric is that candidate in this special election.

Bolstered by his state and national party's support, Eric has announced his intent to run. Even though there are a few issues on which I do not agree with the Libertarians, I know Eric, himself, to be a very good person and I believe that he will be able to raise money and organize a campaign that will collect enough signatures to get on the ballot in this special election. I believe that our commonalities and our desire to shake up the two-party system should trump our minor political differences.

As independents and third party advocates, we are all regularly engaged in the fight for ballot access in New York. Eric understands this fully and has often spoken fo his desire to see a coalition of Libertarians and other alternative parties. He really needs our help and he will be at Rock Hill Cafe next week to talk to us about his goals and to answer any questions you may have about him or his campaign. This will be a great opportunity to hear him speak and to sign up to help him get on the ballot.

Please make time next Wednesday at 7:00 pm to meet Eric at Rock Hill Cafe 19 Exchange Street Glens Falls, NY about a block from from Glens Falls Hospital.

Below is Eric's website and a link to the Post-Star's recent story on his candidacy.

www.sundwall4congress.org


http://www.poststar.com/blogs/?p=16988&cat=#comment-2277150

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call me at (518) 361-6278.

2 comments:

Morris N. Guller said...

I am also happy to endorse the candidacy of Eric Sundwall for Congress.

This is a great opportunity for our District to have an independent represent us in Washington.

Best,

Morris Guller
Lexington, New York

Matt Funiciello said...

Thank you Morris for your own good work and for your support of democracy and principle.